VOLUNTEERING WITH HUERTO DE LA FAMILIA
Huerto de la Familia would not be able to accomplish all of its goals without the incredible support of volunteers. From helping our organic gardening program participants prep soil to leading health clinics to teaching families how to preserve vegetables, volunteers help shape Huerto de la Familia’s programs.
We are always looking for people interested in joining one of our garden work parties on weekends throughout the spring, summer and fall. In addition, Huerto de la Familia is always excited to hear about your ideas for how you think you can support our work. Some of the opportunities we currently have for volunteers include:
- Leading in-kind donation drives for plants, seeds, tools, equipment and more
- Working with a family on their garden plot
- Starting plants and seedlings in your greenhouse for later plantings
- Helping with weeding and grass cutting
- Staffing tables at conferences and community events
- Researching funding opportunities
- Hosting a fundraising event
- Asking a friend to donate
- Helping Huerto de la Familia build a network of supporters
If you are interested in volunteering with Huerto de la Familia, please send an email to [email protected] describing what sort of volunteer opportunity you are interested in. Please allow one week for a response, but always feel free to follow-up with us if you haven’t heard back in a week.